BWSC designs and executes fuel conversions on ageing power plants.
In partnership with BWSC, we can offer unparalleled insight into the technical, economic, and legal issues that power plants face.
Existing plants are subject to dynamic market conditions, regulations and changing fuel availability. However, with a heightened focus on our impact on the planet and climate change, we seek to enhance your operations through lifetime extensions, improved efficiencies, and NOx emission reductions.
In addition, we can deliver fuel conversions to optimise the existing fuel mix, improve alternative fuel usage, plant efficiency and maintenance, and minimise your operation’s environmental impact.
Delivering fuel conversions for plants enables new fuel handling capabilities and managing blends, both solid (biomass) and liquid fuels. We have considerable experience in conversions of all types, particularly boiler and engine conversions.
We offer two boiler conversions: bio-to-bio and non-bio-to-bio.
For bio-to-bio conversions, such as wood chips to wood pellets or dust, involves:
- Lifetime extension retrofits such as drum and heating surfaces
- Replacement of old firing systems with efficient, low-NOx firing systems
Whereas, non-bio-to-bio conversion, such as coal-to-wood pellets:
- Conversion from fossil-fired to biomass-fired boilers
- Evaluation of boiler upgrade suitability
- Upgrade of fuel supply and preparation system
We offer two solutions within engine conversions for engines to operate on dual fuel mix and gas.
- Conversions from heavy fuel oil (HFO) to operation on cleaner fuels such as ultra-low sulphur diesel (ULSD) or future green energies such as e-Methanol
- Engine conversions to operate on gas
We look forward to discussing your project ideas and hope our team’s expertise in engineering and project execution can help you find the solution you desire.